HDMI receiver IC is to receive HDMI input and converts the signal to the form that can be used by the receiving circuit. HDMI is a communication interface that supports uncompressed digital video and audio transmission between devices like BluRay player, set-top box, computer and HDTV.
HDMI also supports encryption technology HDCP that protects the copyright of the contents. Multimedia devices need to have a HDCP decryption key in order to play a HDCP protected content through HDMI.
EP9351/EP9351B is a low power HDMI receiver, which compatible with HDMI 1.4a and supports HDCP 1.4 specification. It supports HD Audio and 24-bit color video and resolution up to 1080p. The audio decoder supports 8-channel IIS and SPDIF audio output. The video decoder supports different video output like 24-bit RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 or YCbCr 4:2:2.
EP9351/EP9351B is an integrated chip with Equalizer Switch, HDCP engine and EDID RAM. We support 2 types of package, EP9351 is 80 pin LQFP package and EP9351B is 81-ballVFBGA package.
- On-chip HDMI Receiver core which is compliant with HDMI 1.4a specification
- On-chip HDCP Engine which is compliant with HDCP 1.4 specification
- On-chip EDID RAM
- Supports 24-bit color mode up to 1080p
- On-chip Audio Decoder which support 8-channel IIS and S/PDIF audio outputs
- Support Standard Audio and HD (HBR) Audio
- Support audio soft mute
- Support SPDIF Channel Status extraction
- On-chip YCC422 to YCC444 conversion and YCC444 to YCC422 conversion
- On-chip YCC to RGB and RGB to YCC conversion in ITU-R BT.601 and 709 color space
- Support 24-bit RGB or 24-bit YCbCr 4:4:4 or 16-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 digital video output
- Support Bit Sequence Reverse and Port Swapping in video output ports to ease PCB layout
- Support DDR in digital video outputs
- Register-programmable via slave IIC interface
- Flexible interrupt registers with interrupt pin
- Link On and Valid DE Detection
- Controllable tri-state for output ports (1.8V swing)
- Low Power operation
- Low stand-by current (< 1mA) at power down mode
- EP9351 is 80 pin LQFP and the EP9351B is 81-ball VFBGA package
Block Diagram of EP9351/EP9351B:
If you wish to know more about our Explore HDMI Receiver ICs, feel free to contact us by email or give us a call.